The Rev. F.C, Brandhorst, missionary in western Nebraska and eastern Wyoming, was called to be the first pastor. The local Baptist church was building a new church, so Grace Lutheran bought its old church for $1,600. They moved it from the northeast corner of Fifth Street and Phillip Avenue to the present church location at Fifth Street and Park Avenue. The lot cost $2,600. After excavation and building improvements, the total for lot and church came to $6,215. The house north of the property was purchased for $4,000 and served as the personage. After worshiping in the church for four years, the congregation needed more space. In the fall of 1923, the entire interior of the church was remodeled, increasing the seating capacity to 225. Within five years of its founding, the records show 87 voting members and 223 communicants from 128 families. Although Grace Lutheran children attended nearby Christ Lutheran Parochial School, they organized a Sunday School shortly after its founding. Youth groups, a lades Aid Society and a choir were also formed during their first year. In 1925, they built a new parsonage for $7,000.